Subject: [Leica] Totally OT: Prius experiences?
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Fri Nov 16 18:49:58 2007

I have to say that as a cyclist I have come to HATE Prius drivers. In
my experience Prius drivers give me less room when they pass, seldom
bothering to cross the center-line. I cannot account for this unless
they feel that they just own the road now. I've been riding pretty
intensely this year, rural, not urban (shuddering), and find that
almost uniformly it's Mommy Dearest in her Escalade or Prius that
present the most hair-raising experiences. Cell phones are often
involved. Farm equipment, pickups, sports cars, they are quite benign.
Older drivers are worse than younger ones unless they are playing
NASCAR. Anything towing a boat is reason for fear. When they closed
Folsom Lake to high-speed boating due to low water level the boat
trailer traffic headed up to Berryessa become more intense and now I
don't ride up that way on the weekends unless I have to.

Doug might have urban experiences somewhat different in his neck of the
woods.

Adam