Subject: [Leica] Forget Prius, buy a bike
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest)
Date: Fri Nov 16 14:31:51 2007

Exactly!
Get a bike, get healthy, save money, be MORE mobile and have access to more
places than with an automobile.
I started commuting to work last may.  When school started in late august, I
began riding there as well.  I've only paid a total of $8 towards public
transportation since May.  Had I not been riding, I'd have spent $6 or $8
per-day (the expense depends upon which campus I'm attending on a particular
day.)  $28 per-week.  School has been in session for 13 weeks now, so I've
saved $364.  I also lost 28lbs in weight.  I get around town, to work, to
class, and home an average of 60% faster than taking public transportation
and easily half as much faster than privately owned vehicles.  I think the
drivers of this city (Philadelphia) are very jealous of the cyclists getting
around at normal speed while they are stuck in gridlock.  Perhaps that's why
so many drivers are so incredibly rude and very offensive towards cyclists.
Riding a bike will burn just a tad more fuel than you were previously going
eat, but it won't be burning the remnants of dead dinosaurs or peat bogs.
The world is so much better seen on a bike than in a car.  It affords many
more photo opportunities as well.

PhilFo