Subject: [Leica] Hoppy does Barcelona - first report
From: hoppyman at msn.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon Oct 22 16:33:45 2007

Steve, I can't speak for other European cities, although we fell in love
with Amsterdam as well. Visitors are certainly warned about street theft in
Barcelona. Like many places I think, there can be a bad element. We had no
problems and just took the same precautions we would in any city. I would
certainly come back. There is a wealth to see and taste and try. We walked
for seven hours yesterday. I had my M in my hand for all of it. Like
anywhere with crowds, we kept our bag straps across our shoulders and
wallets/purses secure. The only street crime we saw was the price of drinks
on La Ramblas. This morning we toured with a very small group to learn some
history and other locations. A VERY photogenic city. He that would come here
and not be inspired has no street soul.

Cheers
Hoppy