Subject: [Leica] Paw 26
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Sun Oct 21 12:41:27 2007

Hi Michiel,

I can imagine that you just see that first one as a registration
shot, because that is why you made it and how you still perceive it.
For somebody not knowing the context (or isn't supposed to) it
translates somewhat differently:

I see a man with an interesting face and a good body pose in hard
light, his head perfectly placed beneath what looks like an art
poster. He's sitting on a beautiful dark leather couch (nice light
reflection). Next to him is a woman, out of focus (great bokeh),
taking a photograph. Behind her, in focus, an iron art deco element.
They both seem to be focused on something that is happening out of
frame.
So: great light, great tonalities, good composition that teases/leads
the eye into discovering everything in the image. And also an image
that tells an intriguing and even somewhat enigmatic story.

All together, that makes it into a great shot, IMO.

About the second one: there might be some doka work to it (dodge and
burn) to really optimize it, but it is already magical as it is.
About Parr's lecture: I'll try to make it there.

Kind regards,
Philippe

Op 21-okt-07, om 21:27 heeft Michiel Fokkema het volgende geschreven: