Subject: [Leica] R8/DMR w/ Metz 54 MZ-3
From: lists at gilplant.com (J. Gilbert Plantinga)
Date: Mon Oct 15 10:34:03 2007

Recently I had my DMR repaired by Leica NJ and it came back with the
firmware update 1.3. Now when I use it with my Metz 54 MZ-3 and the
SCA 3502 adapter the flash is showing an incorrect ISO value. With
the camera set to ISO 100 the flash shows ISO 125; camera at ISO 400,
flash ISO 500 &c.

I use the flash mostly in auto mode, occasionally in manual (TTL only
with the film back on the R8). The SCA adapter is an older version
marked M2 (I believe the current version is M4). Curiously, the flash
behaved normally before the repair and firmware upgrade, and it
continues to work normally on the R8 with the film back and on my
M7s. It's only 1/3 of a stop and it's easy to compensate (though not
easy to remember if I'm switching between cameras on a job).

Gilbert

Replies: Reply from fredhess at phenix-visuals.nl (Fred Hess / Phenix Visuals NL) ([Leica] R8/DMR w/ Metz 54 MZ-3)