Subject: [Leica] Vegetable Vendors
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Wed Oct 10 19:21:35 2007

Philippe,Ric,Peter,Jim,
Thanks for taking the time to look and comment on the photographs. I fear
that this is a way of life that wont be around for very much longer.
Organised retail chains in groceries/fruits/vegetables are just getting off
the ground here, amidst serious street protests in parts of the country, and
Walmart, Carrefour and Tesco are sniffing around and finalising joint
ventures. I am afraid that we Indians will have to trade in eating freshly
grown vegetables for cold storage rubbish in a few years.

Campa Cola is dead and gone, swallowed by Coke & Pepsi. Both of them
advertise so much, and with the premier cricketers, that common wisdom has
it that they effectively choose the Indian cricket team!! The cricket
establishment here is an avaricious one, controlled by politicians and
industrialists, so maybe they do.

Cheers
Jayanand