Subject: [Leica] Never judge a book by its cover: Brahms, Mahler
From: ken at iisaka.org (Ken Iisaka)
Date: Tue Oct 9 08:01:01 2007

There is a new recording of Alkan Concerto (Etudes Op.39 Nos.8-10) by
Marc-Andre Hamelin.  Much better than his first set a number of years
ago.  There is also a complete set of Etudes by Stephanie McCullem,
but I'm afraid it's a yawner.

You have to play Alkan with gusto and cajones.

I also like the recording of Concerto by John Ogdon, though a little
messy.

Here's the Tinyurl link to my performance in Fort Worth.

http://tinyurl.com/2qww23

Replies: Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Never judge a book by its cover: Brahms, Mahler)
Reply from lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth) ([Leica] Never judge a book by its cover: Brahms, Mahler)