Subject: [Leica] IMG: WayBack Week 39
From: ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Wed Oct 3 13:34:00 2007

I've got to admit that I was self-conscious and maybe even a little
embarrassed.

I worked for a little paper and used equipment I'd bought myself,
pieced together here and there when I could find a bargain on my $0
budget.

Our paper (Washington Daily News, circulation 10,000) got credentials
for college football at several universities. So, I had a chance to
visit my alma mater (University of North Carolina) on football
Saturdays to cover the games from the sidelines.

All these "real" pros were there with their photovests and serious,
fast, long telephotos mounted atop stump-sized monopods. Me, I'm
toting my Fujica ST-801 and a Series 1 Vivitar 70-210.

UNC versus Army
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/PAW+2007+and+1982/WB39.jpg.html>
<http://tinyurl.com/23jas3>

Ric Carter