Subject: [Leica] re: portrait of elizabeth (secrets revealed)
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Sun Sep 30 16:02:09 2007

I have been assuming that Elizabeth commissioned Kyle to take a portrait of
her for her own use and purposes. She seems to be an accomplished artist,
which means (among other things) that she understands the artistic impact of
an image and its inherent ambiguity.

I have also been assuming that Elizabeth likes this picture, or else she
wouldn't have let Kyle show it to us. So when I look at it, I see "here is a
portrait that I made of this person, and she likes it, and I like it too, so
I'm going to show it to you".

I'm sure she had a purpose and a style in mind. Heck: she wouldn't have put
the dress in her mouth unless she was a willing participant. None of Kyle's
skin was found under her fingernails.

Great portrait. Great picture. Great art. Thanks for showing it.

Message from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] re: portrait of elizabeth (secrets revealed))