Subject: [Leica] re: portrait of elizabeth (secrets revealed)
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Sun Sep 30 14:13:26 2007

Art is often the child of confused parents and finding out its lineage can,
in my mind, be ruinous to the final product. Sometimes the juxtaposition of
influences, random thoughts, bits of this and that, come from various places
to create a sum greater than the whole of it's parts, sometimes not. For
years, as a child, I was drawn to Wyeth's "Christina's World" -- I stared at
a copy of it on a book cover for years, I had a print on my wall, wondering
what she could possibly be doing in that field ... it was baffling and
filled with possibilities ... when I was a freshman in college someone told
me what it was -- the truth, the real deal, that Christina was a real person
and she was indeed in that field for a very real reason and ... the magic
was ruined -- the truth wasn't nearly as interesting as my imagination.

as for the portrait of liz

>> http://www.kylecassidy.com/lj/2007/liz-dress1.jpg

if you google "medium" and "ectoplasm" and hit "images" all secrets will
become apparent -- maybe the image will get funny, maybe it'll be ruined ...
maybe it'll seem deeper, and you'll think we're esoteric, or clever, or
maybe you just won't care what my friends and i do on lazy sunday afternoons
when all the netflix have been sent back and the laundry has been done.

But as for Liz, who just turned 34, I'm sure she'll be happy to hear she
could pass for 23 :-)

kc

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] re: portrait of elizabeth (secrets revealed))
Reply from phamard at numericable.fr (Philippe Amard) ([Leica] re: portrait of elizabeth (secrets revealed))