Subject: [Leica] Lens reflections from IR cut filter - Mui Wo Ferry Pier
From: cummer at netvigator.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Sat Sep 29 18:56:08 2007

Hello Luggers,
Well my replacement M8 is in Hong Kong with Fedex, according to the
tracking, but didn't get delivered on Saturday. Monday is a holiday
(China's National Day) so I expect the camera will arrive on my
doorstep on Tuesday. In the meantime, Schmidt has given me a loaner
M8 and so I have been out on the streets again. Here is a picture of
the Mui Wo ferry Pier, where the ferries come in from Hong Kong
Island, taken with my newly coded 50mm Summilux Asph, wearing an IR
cut filter. I know that conventional wisdom is that lenses longer
than 35mm don't need to be coded, nor are IR cut filters really
required, but I have decided to code and filter equip all my lenses -
so that I don't have to think about switching lens detection on and
off for Coding and IR filters. Besides I like to know the focal
length in the EXIF data. One problem, however, with using IR Cut
filters unnecessarily is unwanted reflections. Please see the
attached photo of the Mui Wo ferry pier.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Hong+Kong+Pix/
MuiWoFerryTerminalBWw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/29vhzk

Cheers
Howard
(Hot but Happy in Honkers and waiting for Santa to come on Tuesday)

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] Lens reflections from IR cut filter - Mui Wo Ferry Pier)
Reply from hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter) ([Leica] Lens reflections from IR cut filter - Mui Wo Ferry Pier)
Reply from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] Lens reflections from IR cut filter - Mui Wo Ferry Pier)
Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] Lens reflections from IR cut filter - Mui Wo Ferry Pier)