Subject: [Leica] Re:OT: Nikon D3 wedding photographer tests
From: gwpics at googlemail.com (Gerry Walden)
Date: Mon Sep 24 23:46:35 2007

I would agree 100% with Mark on this. I shoot a lot of weddings and
always used to shoot square and the lab would crop to oblong for
whatever you wanted, you shot with that in mind. In those days the
camera was on a tripod and (in the UK) you shot around 95% formals.
The tripod gave you a status and people knew who you were and what you
were there for.

Today the market has turned on its head and I have been faced with
people who video the wedding on their mobile phones. Everybody has a
camera that sits in their handbag/pocket and sales of prints to guests
has dropped right off. Today the approach is far less formal with the
return of b&w reportage, all of which is ideally suited to the digital
cameras with most digital SLRs capable of producing any print you may
want. Whilst full frame is good for many reasons, one of them is not
that it shoots better wedding shots because it simply is not needed.

Gerry