Subject: [Leica] Re:OT: Nikon D3 wedding photographer tests
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Sep 24 23:16:41 2007

> Funny, used to shoot FF all the time with film for weddings. Are you saying
> switching to APS format would have been an upgrade?
>
> Chris

My output was 8x10's mainly black and white.
A half frame camera can make ok 8x10's I could have used my Pen Ft.

But the Hassy camera with its interchangeable backs and the square formant
just seems to work well for such stuff. It was overkill but it was handing
and had authority.
And people felt comfortable around it in such situations.
Those days it was THE wedding camera and I think for good reason.

I used to shoot them with Nikons and just use the Hassy for the formal
shots.
But I found that just to use them for everything was the way to go for me.

I see Dennis Reggie thought of as the numero uno wedding guy who used the
square format in the film era uses a 1.3 crop EOS-1D now.
There's no need for full frame digital for a wedding.

Mark William Rabiner
rabinergroup.com

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Re:Nikon D3 wedding photographer tests)
Reply from gwpics at googlemail.com (Gerry Walden) ([Leica] Re:OT: Nikon D3 wedding photographer tests)