Subject: [Leica] Pancake Preamble
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Sep 24 23:03:29 2007

>> (whispering to Mark's ear) : There's no baking powder, no soda in
>> pancakes.
>> Just barley flour, water, and that's all. Maybe a little fat, but I'll
>> check on that with a Breton I know.
>
> There's an English custom of eating pancakes on Shrove Tuesday (Mardi Gras)
> and at no other time. I wrote this essay on the topic a couple of years
> ago:
>
> http://anglicansonline.org/resources/essays/reid/pancakes.html
>
> It includes disparaging remarks about English-style pancakes and my recipe
> for North American pancakes.

I read my readout of Brians delicious dissertation here at bedtime last
night it was 3 or 4 AM I had a full day yesterday.
8 or 10 hours of Photoshop the new CS3.
Learn while you yearn.
It made for nice dreams. Pancakes flipping on an open fire.
Jack Frost nipping....

I have copied it fastidiously into my Filemaker Recipe thing I got from a
template and which only had about 9 recipes in it so far. And its been a few
years.

I feel like I've learned a lot about pancake culture.
You can use yogurt instead of buttermilk is good as there may be a New York
thing where you buy buttermilk only seasonally.
By the way I've discovered Greek Yogurt.
Which beats non Greek yogurt hands down.
IF its Yogurt and its not Greek I don't buy it.

Just a few odd notes or notices on Brians tome.

Conspicuous lack of blueberries in the dialog.

And there as a thing which is a category in itself which I think is very
important concerning German Pancakes. which is more eggy and which you bake
in an oven not on top of it. With apples.
The oven pancakes require a higher egg quotient is all I know.
And feel others should too.

I'm ready for a Blurb book of Leica pancake recipes
with APO ASPH alterations and allusions.

If you want to be cheered up read Brians Pancake Publication.
Griddlecake Handbook
Cr?pe Codex
Blintz Broadsheet
Flatbread Folio

Out master beertender can really cook. And lay down some choice phrases.

http://anglicansonline.org/resources/essays/reid/pancakes.html

Mark William Rabiner
rabinergroup.com

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Pancake Preamble)