Subject: [Leica] OT: Nikon D3 wedding photographer tests
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Sep 24 21:58:36 2007

> Chris,
>
> I saw the photos, and they are very good.  They all seem to have a WARM
> cast. Could it be a lack of color correction? Is a
> white calibration possible with JPEG or is only Auto WB?
>
> Of course the customer/photographer might have wanted that warm look.
>
> I have done a large amount of color correction over the years, using
> sets of CC filters for Kodachrome und Ektachrome.  My
> white balance was with a color temperature meter and a white card!
>
> Jerry

During the film age the major wedding output was 4x6's.
A wedding book looked just like a snapshot album.

I used to charge 10 bucks for 8x10's and 9 for 5x7's
They'd buy all 5x7s,
Shot with a Hasselblad but not because I was afraid they'd buy a 16x20 I'd
love that. Its the square neg. Finally I changed the same for both so their
wedding books didn't embarrass me.

So now they want huge files taken with full frame digital format it appears
if this is right.

If I started shooting weddings again I'd be tempted to get into the 4/3'rds
system.

This full frame stuff for weddings is all about what people think they need
to keep up with the Jones from what they hear on the internet.
The blind leading the blind.
Lemmings in Audis.
Very much the wedding mentality of the past couple of decades.

Mark William Rabiner
rabinergroup.com

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Re:OT: Nikon D3 wedding photographer tests)