Subject: [Leica] New Yorker fact checkers
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Sep 23 20:49:02 2007

>> (whispering to Mark's ear) : There's no baking powder, no soda in
>> pancakes.
>> Just barley flour, water, and that's all. Maybe a little fat, but I'll
>> check on that with a Breton I know.
>
> There's an English custom of eating pancakes on Shrove Tuesday (Mardi Gras)
> and at no other time. I wrote this essay on the topic a couple of years
> ago:
>
> http://anglicansonline.org/resources/essays/reid/pancakes.html
>
> It includes disparaging remarks about English-style pancakes and my recipe
> for North American pancakes.

I hope you don't mind Brian but I have reformatted your document into a two
column two page document in Arno Pro 11 point my new favorite typeface they
must have given me with CS3 as I never noticed it before.
So I can read it. Digest it. ...in bed and get back to you on it in the
morning with a full report. ... Sleep on it.
Always the best thing.

Mark William Rabiner
rabinergroup.com