Subject: [Leica] R9/DMR spider update
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Sun Sep 23 19:52:38 2007

This message has come to the notice of the SPCA (Society for Prevention of
Cruelty to Arachnids). The Male Moth Fatherhood Support
Society is also very concerned with some aspects of the recommended
treatment.
These organisations recommend instead that holes be drilled in the
pentaprism and humanely euthanased flies be introduced with
spider six packs as well as cabling for the PlaySpider Channel.

Sorry about the preceding, but several people beat me with references to web
cams and software bugs.
If in-spite of the above you remain unconcerned with arachnid welfare, I'd
just go for a CLA by someone competent and not introduce
any heat or chemical sources to your camera yourself. You would then not
risk any potential collateral damage to your equipment (or
even just a camera with lingering odour?). I know that Frank has said that
his suggestion ought not be harmful. But if you need to
get the CLA why take any risk of any possible inadvertent damage from any
method of arachnicide?

Cheers
Hoppy