Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 35, Issue 482
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Sat Sep 22 07:54:20 2007

Gene,

You had it easy. I probably had to approve 3 or 4 ECO's a day. While
some changes were easy to approve like substituting one vendor for
another on a common part, some were more difficult and required small
pilot runs when the parts were slightly different. In our case we
only notified our customers when form, fit or function was changed.
Also the customer was another company and we better notify them. I
think Leica had a problem in this case. The change required a change
to the firmware which would be noticed quite quickly and then
questioned by the user base. Like "Hey, the new cameras have new
firmware. The new cameras must be better then the old ones. Where can
I send my camera to be upgraded?" I think they did the right thing.
Good for them.

Len