Subject: [Leica] M8 battery airport adventure
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue Sep 18 09:44:02 2007

At 12:12 PM 9/18/2007, you wrote:
>Brian,
>
>I went through a similar exercise in 1994 when I was leaving Germany
>at the Frankfurt Airport.  I had taken my Amateur Radio with
>me.  They did the X-ray thing, and then took me and the radio to
>another area where they performed a check on the radio for explosive
>content.  My wife asked me where I had gone ahen I got back, as they
>would not tell her why I was taken away.  Amazing!  Not sure why I
>did not get the same treatment when I arrived...
>
>Gene

Something similar happened to me here in the Charlotte Airport, but
it was with Canon digital batteries.  They finally made me go back to
check-in, get a box and check the batteries!!  That hasn't happened
since and I've carried the same batteries through the same
checkpoints.  Just depends what mood they're in :-(

Tina

Tina Manley
ASMP, NPPA, EP, PI
http://www.tinamanley.com