Subject: [Leica] Contrast WAS IMG: PAW 35 dlridings
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Mon Sep 3 23:57:15 2007

Daniel, firstly I absolutely agree with you that you shoot with what you
have with you.
I would love to accompany you shooting film along one of your stylish
country paths.  Not meaning to nit pick. Sharing photos and
discussing them is for me, one of the best LUG activities.
You may know that I am very much an advocate of the most modern and
contrasty Leica lens formulations. For me their ability to
defeat veiling glare in back-lit shots is a very positive quality. Yes I
know the Elmars LTMs are revered, being associated with
some huge talents and exciting photographic history. I was just looking at
your shot in my mind's eye and evaluating whether I
thought the Elmar's rendition added to the mood of the shot (for my personal
taste). I'd be pleased to shoot that one sparkling
sharp with deep shadows and clear detail in the shadowed areas, for example.
I see what you mean on the pic of Ewa. Is she beseeching the heavens for
rain for her garden??
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/a/Vic/MV27.jpg.html>
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/a/Vic/MV29.jpg.html>

Cheers