Subject: [Leica] M8 cleaning mystery ("But English *is* their nativelanguage")
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat Sep 1 14:55:27 2007

At 04:15 PM 9/1/2007, you wrote:

>This is the first arena I've come across in which a film camera is
>superior to a digital camera. The image sensor in a film camera is
>single-use and disposable. If dust gets on the sensor you can just
>advance the shutter and get a fresh clean new sensor. In a digital
>camera it's always the same.

This one is very easy to carry and easy to use.  One swipe and
everything is clean:

http://www.lenspen.com/403/377/

The reviews I've read say that it works great but you have to be very
careful not to use the LensPen cleaner on anything else and keep it
sealed up so it doesn't get dirty between cleanings.  I would think
that would be common sense.  I have the Visible Dust brushes but
something about the LensPen seems to get the dust that the Visible
Dust brushes leave behind.

Tina

Tina Manley
ASMP, NPPA, EP, PI