Subject: [Leica] Quality E-6 Processing
From: kapner at earthlink.net (Leonard J Kapner)
Date: Fri Aug 31 13:14:32 2007

To my surprise, Sweetlight Labs in Palm Springs, CA closed their local
darkroom several weeks ago and is no longer accepting E-6 emulsion 135
transparency film for processing and mounting.

If I want to continue using my R-series system, I think my options are, in
order of preference:

1) find another quality E-6 "dip and dunk" lab nearby,

2) identify a quality North American mail order lab,

3) batch my rolls until I travel into LA and deliver to the local A&I lab
there, or

4) buy a JOBO machine and do it myself.

Please, I need some suggestions for the first two alternatives from those of
you still shooting E-6 and getting quality, local processing in the Southern
California area.

Help and TIA!

Len

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Quality E-6 Processing)