Subject: [Leica] Re: M8 - collectible status
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Thu Aug 30 20:11:24 2007

I once looked at buying a Mercedes, and the salesman had a good way of
looking at the user/collector issue:  His advice was if you are looking to
buy a Mercedes for its collector value, then you are waisting your money,
you should look at buying it for its user value, as its collector value is
very allusive at best.  I have never looked at owning a Leica for it
collector value in the far future, the same for my Ham radio equipment.  If
I own it, I use it, if not I get rid of it or never buy it.  Will the M8
keep its value like a M8 or iiif?  Don't know, Don't care.  I only care that
it works, and I enjoy using it, with excellent images.  It does that for me.

gene