Subject: [Leica] Re: Pan F - Pyro First shot (Mark Rabiner)
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Aug 23 14:58:09 2007

> Regarding the 21 CV, I don't own (nor have I used) the modern Leica
> 2.8.  But the Voigt has really proven itself to me consistently (one
> of the reasons I've looked no farther in the 21 department) and I
> wouldn't be surprised if the two lenses were on pretty equal ground
> around f8.  (Henning may have done an actual comparison a while back).
>
> And we're fixing the white whites in the silver print...
>
> Bob Palmieri

If I recall correctly the Cv 21

    VC 21 said, "We caught a dirty one."
    Maxwell stands alone

...is a symmetrical lens which I think means real wide angle non retrofocal
design. Which I always wanted when I grew up but never got.
Had my eye on the JSK SA 3.4 21mm for quite some time.
But this new one from Cosina has its advantages.
Like more clarity and you can use the meter.

I like the minute compactness of the SA.
And the fact that it says.
JOSEPH SCHNEIDER KREUZNACH SUPER ANGULON on it.
With the original font.

And all the famous images which have been taken with it.

But the CV 21 is an example of a CV lens which is for sure not really a step
down from normal Leica Leitz shooting.
So I take it all back.
Nevermind.

Mark William Rabiner
Harlem, NY

rabinergroup.com

I just found out minute and minute are the same word.

Replies: Reply from s.dimitrov at charter.net (slobodan dimitrov) ([Leica] Re: Pan F - Pyro First shot (Mark Rabiner))
Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] Re: Pan F - Pyro First shot (Mark Rabiner))