Subject: [Leica] Directions
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu Aug 23 11:43:13 2007

LUG:

Most of you know that I retired from my presbytery job that took me
to Central America every summer for 25 years.  Since I consider you
my therapy group, I'd like your advice on future directions.  I have
projects that will keep me busy until November but after that I need
to focus on something.  My husband also retired from his engineering
job and is now managing my photography business.  He's very organized
and frustrated that I keep jumping from project to project with no
plan or direction.  I could just ignore him ;-) but I can see his
point and would like to accomplish something while I still can!  Here
are the choices I see:

1.  Continue to travel as a tourist and take digital photos that I
sell through stock agencies.  Photos like the ones I've been posting
from California.  Those sell fairly well as stock as long as I
continue to send in new photos.  I would also make calendar-type
prints of some of the photos and try to sell them through the
internet and maybe art fairs.

2.  Spend my time going back through my 25 years worth of B&W
negatives and slides from my Central American trips- literally
hundreds of thousands of photos - most of which I've never even
looked at - scan those and try to sell them as stock.  Those do not
sell well as stock except to non-profit agencies who barely pay
enough to cover expenses.  I would also make fine-art type prints to
try to sell through the internet or galleries (but who wants a print
of a hungry family on their dining room wall?).

3.  Continue to muddle along working on current photos some days and
files other days, never finishing either and driving my husband crazy.

You know my work and can give me objective advice, I hope.  Where do
I go from here?

Thanks in advance -

Tina
http://www.tinamanley.com