Subject: [Leica] I can't print my petunias!!
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Wed Aug 22 19:24:39 2007

Greetings Hoppy,
The RAW files I pull from the M8 cover a very broad color gamut and I have
set up Lightroom to show the files in ProPhotoRGB.  You are correct that
currently no printer can output the whole color space.  However, I can
choose how to emulate what I like as far as color when you go into your
print dialogue.  sRGB is very deficient in the reds so I can put up the
original color space next to the sRGB and tweak the sRGB to approximate the
relationships between colors.  Many times you can maintain the feel of an
image by juggling the colors even if the colors are not the same.  It is an
art that print makers have been performing ever since media has been
translated say from drawing to stained glass or from original print to
published printed images.

--
Don
don.dory@gmail.com