Subject: [Leica] I can't print my petunias!!
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed Aug 22 10:05:18 2007

At 12:56 PM 8/22/2007, you wrote:

>Also it sounds like this "other" thing that you're obviously never going to
>do. Who here makes a "soft proof"? I bet nobody.
>On a partial piece of paper maybe?
>I don't see it.
>
>Mark William Rabiner

Usually soft proofing means using the monitor to simulate what the
print will look like by using the Proof Setting profiles.  If your
monitor is calibrated and you use the right profile, the monitor
should show you what the print will look like.  You can "soft proof"
an RGB file to see what it would look like printed on a CMYK
press.  You don't actually change the values in the file, you just
assign a profile to see what it will look like - a soft proof.  A
hard proof would be one you can hold in your hand - a print.

Tina

Tina Manley
ASMP, NPPA, EP, PI
http://www.tinamanley.com