Subject: [Leica] OT Epson P5000
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Wed Aug 22 08:40:00 2007

In the desktop printer line that's probably true, Mark. But I have to
say that the new large format printers from HP are AMAZING. I've had
the opportunity, recently, to print some of my work on one of these
puppies and I'm simply blown away, not only by the quality of the
print but by the support software and the over-all design. I gather
they are from one of HP's EU design houses, Spain I think, Barcelona
perhaps, and the difference really shows. True elegance in design and
execution. The built-in spectro-photometer is pretty spiffy for doing
your own paper profiles and the control setup for sharing "just
works". You don't have to flush out ink lines either when shifting
from mat finish to glossy media either. Now, if I just had $7 grand
for one.....

Adam