Subject: [Leica] OT Epson P5000
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Wed Aug 22 11:31:45 2007

It's good to know that the herd mentality is working in areas other
than the stock and mortgage markets! :)

I wonder if two issues aren't in play here: comfort zone and software.
If you're using a RIP like ImagePrint then to change to either another
RIP or repurchase a new version for the new printer looks awfully
expensive and you'd better see a darn good improvement on print
quality/productiving in order to justify the expenditure. Sorta the
Windows to Mac issues. Plus all the workarounds for the existing
Epsons are known / understood while the HP or Canon would be a
substantial learning curve.

Still, I find the "everyone who's serious is only using Epson" (given
the massive defect in Epson's design - the lack of both photo black
and matte black inks available at the same time in their large format
printers) hasn't seen the new HP's much less printed on them. HP
doesn't make it easy to find vendors selling them, though. Geesh. Talk
about lack of sophistication!

Adam

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] OT Epson P5000)
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] OT Epson P5000)