Subject: [Leica] OT Epson P5000
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Tue Aug 21 14:45:57 2007

I have a P5000. It's very good EXCEPT that the bright boys at Epson
can't seem to deal with DNG files from Leica. Or maybe anyone else. It
does my 1Ds MKII just fine, and it stores the Leica files just fine -
just doesn't allow you to preview them. But as a vault and fail-safe
storage location it works great. Transfer from the P5000 to my Mac
over USB2 is very quick. Reading memory cards is a bit less quick but
still Just Works.

Give that the P5000 doesn't do one of my cameras I'm have 2nd thoughts
about replacing it. But  in the field it's a lot less to cart around
than a laptop. Plus, after transfer to a laptop, I then have a backup
until I move the files to my main desktop system. So then I have three
copies and I feel good about that.

Tina might have one that she used in Honduras? You might check the archives.

Adam