Subject: [Leica] I can't print my petunias!!
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon Aug 20 05:30:29 2007

Peter -

You can check in PhotoShop to see if the colors are out of gamut.  Go
to View > Gamut Warning.  The out of gamut colors will show up as
gray.  Adjust your saturation and/or color balance until the petunias
still look good but are not out of gamut.  For out of gamut colors,
the printer software will interpolate and choose colors that you
might not want to replace the OOG ones.  It's always better to use
the widest color space that both your monitor and printer can
handle.  That would currently be Adobe RGB.  ProPhoto is a wider
gamut but current printers can't handle the wider space and you end
up not matching what you can see on the monitor.  sRGB is good for
the web, not prints.

Hope this helps.

Tina

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] I can't print my petunias!!)