Subject: [Leica] visoflex iii
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Tue Aug 14 20:06:50 2007

H Peter, the Visoflex 111 is a modest investment and great fun. Don't get an
earlier model as it won't fit. Just keep an eye on the
Bay, I had no trouble assembling an inexpensive outfit. I'd take a look at
an older 135 or 90 to put on the front. For some
maddening reason the 65s seem very much more in demand and hence much more
expensive.  The new 90 macro looks fabulous but of course
a much more expensive option.
Here's an example with the Elmar f4 135. 1960 model, I think. Very
inexpensive and sharp. You will only be able to use it without
the mount (ie on the Viso) on your M8, I think.
<http://contest.leica-users.org/main.php/v/0704/RED_001.jpg.html>
<http://tinyurl.com/2uzprg>
This is probably about six inches across. You get a decent working distance,
too.
There's a good article on viso's on the M8 in a recent LFI, if you can
access that.
Much depends on how small you want to go in your subject, naturally.

Cheers
Hoppy