Subject: [Leica] visoflex iii
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Tue Aug 14 17:49:47 2007

Hello, Peter. Welcome aboard.

A couple of questions.
How large an area do you want to copy?
How much are you willing to Pay?

KEH currently has a Viso III for $225 in EX condition.

With the Viso you have a few choices.

1. Get the 65mm Macro Elmar and the focusing mount. That's pretty
clean way to go. About $500.

2. Add a Bellows II and adapter or two and either a 135mm or 90mm
lens head. Maybe less then $500.

3. Get the current (6 bit) 90mm Macro Elmar and close focus adapter.
This is the most portable and will give you excellent results. Won't
get you as close as option 1 or 2.

I use them all on my M8 and enjoy them very much. There is a certain
feel of accomplishment when you use this equipment. I won't give it
up for all the Nikon or Canon macro gear in the world. (Well maybe
but you would have to twist my arm.

Good Luck,
Len