Subject: [Leica] Re: The Leica brand
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Aug 12 23:39:25 2007

> True, they don't know to ask for the one with Leica (panasonic) or
> Zeiss (sony) or Schneider (samsung) lenses, but seeing the name used
> in the context of being superior optics helps begin their education
> about the brand.  It starts somewhere, and that is a good place to
> begin to educate the masses, IMHO.  I do like how Zeiss has a two-
> tiered structure - with the T* designation being reserved for lenses
> that are Zeiss designed, as opposed to Zeiss "approved" (at least
> that is my understanding).  Only a select few of Sony's top-of-the-
> line products seem to get the T* designated lenses.
>
> Tom Schofield

The *t is in reference to the coating.
Which they invented with the help of Pentax.
Who called it Super Multi-coated Takumar I forgot.

Little tiny layers.

Hasselblad then claimed they did the process before they even started
putting *t on the lens rims.

You're thinking about how you want a superwide with a T* on it instead of
not. Seems like you could fix it easy in the histogram. Chop a little off
the left. Whose gonna know?

Mark William Rabiner
Harlem, NY

rabinergroup.com