Subject: [Leica] Re: Guns and Leicas
From: jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Wed Aug 8 10:21:00 2007

Larry,

I think you are on the right track.  I owned guns before I owned Leicas, and
the guns outnumber the Leicas.  In both cases, they are quality functional
devices that serve a particular purpose, and are also superb designs that
are made for fondling as well as shooting, to use a generic term.

My guns outnumber my Leicas, but the guns haven't been fired in years,
whereas the Leicas see frequent use.  The guns range from family keepsakes,
like a Winchester 73 owned by my grandfather, and a Damascus-barreled
12-gage owned by my father, to more modern and useful designs.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA