Subject: [Leica] Summarit press release amateur photographer
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Aug 7 21:43:15 2007

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/news/November_debut_for_Leica_lens_quar
tet_news_134900.html

I'm noticing in this one

'put a greater focus on its core competitiveness in optics manufacture'

core competitiveness

Would this mean you compete with what you're really good at?
And than that means is what they're really good it is making glass sans
ASPH's?
Or does it mean you deal with what the perception of a hopefully a good part
of your audience thinks you're all about?

A buzz word certainly for people into business philosophy or the self help
deal I'm having a hard time search engining it and finding the core meaning
behind "core competitiveness". I fear it may mean whatever the people using
the term want it to mean but I don't know.
I'm sure someone here does.

But more importantly we have a release of prices in the UK.
http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/news/Leica_UK_confirms_SummaritM_lens_p
rices_news_135230.html

The Leica Summarit-M 35mm f/2.5 (?890);
Summarit-M 50mm f/2.5 (?690) $US1,404.564
Summarit-M 75mm f/2.5 (?890); and $US1,811.684
Summarit-M 90mm f/2.5 (?890). $US1,811.684

That's price to sell a notch now is I'd guessed.
But I bet it will be cheaper than that because the Brits have to always pay
for the nose for everything much as I'd love to be doing business with such
nice sources as Robert White they have a hell of a time competing.
I notice Erwin did a thing which will have much more impact and involvement
than this so I'm off to read that.

Mark William Rabiner
Harlem, NY

rabinergroup.com