Subject: [Leica] Summarit press release
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Aug 4 19:55:33 2007

> Mark,
> So you keep the catlog under your pillow.  Does this mean you are hoping
> the
> lens fairy will replace the catlog with a lens or two?  ;-)
>
> Yes the 90 Summarit looks interesting to me, as I have a 90 Tele Elmarit
> Thin
> lens right now.  Unfortunately it is one that has the flair problem with
> bright light sources.  To bad as otherwise it is a nice lens.
>
> Gene

I'm used to having duplicity short teles in my work so I have two 90s.
The 90 current Elmarit.
And the APO asphyxiation Summicron.

One for color one for black and white bodies.
As 90s are my bread and butter Lenes for promo and fashion and portrait
shooting. Of film.

I have the collapsible 90 on my short list. A couple down from the top.
For street shooting. Pocketablity which I value muchly.

In my nikon days I'd shoot with a 105 macro 2.8 on one body and and a 105
2.5 on the other. Or an 85 f2 ai on one.
Cant have too many short teles as far as I go. Or bodies.

But now with the crop circle factors a 50 is a short tele.
And those are easy to pick off just about any tree.

I use a Summicron and Noctilux but yearn for the collapsible Elmar.

Down Elmar Down!!!
The edges might be soft but the we're not using anywhere near the edges are
we?

But if you leave them alone they chew on the furniture.

Mark William Rabiner
Harlem, NY

rabinergroup.com