Subject: [Leica] OT: Spam Emails for buying Drugs
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue Jul 31 09:53:51 2007

At 12:39 PM 7/31/2007, you wrote:
>Does anyone have a filter for these emails?  ( I have tried the words in the
>body, but they seem to be encoded so that they are not found by the
>program....... I need a different solution or at least to understand what
>these guys do to prevent word discrimination....
>
>Frank Filippone

My ISP uses Postini to filter e-mail and it does an outstanding
job.  Very occasionally I will find something that shouldn't have
been filtered - maybe once a week - and very occasionally something
will slip through - maybe twice a week.  I typically have about 600
spams a day that Postini filters out - usually how to enlarge my
penis or somebody has sent me a card with a virus attached.  I get
plenty of drug advertisements, all filtered out.  I don't know how
they do it, but they are very efficient. However, I just got an
e-mail today from the ISP (Comporium) and, as of August 11th, they
will no longer be using Postini but will be installing their own
filtering system :-(  I'm not looking forward to that.  There is no
way it could be as efficient as Postini.

Tina

Tina Manley
ASMP, NPPA, EP, PI
http://www.tinamanley.com