Subject: [Leica] Theo's
From: rsphotoimages at comcast.net (Bob Shaw)
Date: Mon Jul 23 19:28:52 2007

Chris:

It's Magenta Blowback.

A rare but documented phenomenon (see the E LeitzWetzlarPhenom.com
site) attributed to Leica M series cameras but particularly virulent in
M8 systems.

For some unexplained reason, the pix turn out fine but the
photographer's face takes on an obvious magenta cast.  Owners who do
not use the M8 have not reported any episodes of this pathology.

According to the site, only a return to film camera use for at least 15
to 30 days can restore the photographer's skin tissue to normal
pigmentation.

Really!

(and pretty soon, monkeys are going to fly out of my.....)

Bob