Subject: [Leica] IMG: low light at Harbourfront
From: hewthompson at mac.com (Hugh Thompson)
Date: Mon Jul 23 15:47:53 2007

Luis - I have not been able to get to LUG emails too much over the
past two weeks, so I have missed many of your posts, my apologies.
All the more reason to thank you for your comments on my photos.

On 23-Jul-07, at 5:34 PM, Luis Ripoll wrote:

> An interesting experiment with a reasonnable noise effect, I like
> "Lovely
> Lady", if it was mine I would try to deep just a little more the
> blacks to
> disappear the low noise effect I see.

I guess I took off too much black, but I wanted to see more of her
face, you are correct though, I'll email you a modified version

> I like too "Writing name on a grain of rice", and on this one there
> is no
> noise effect.

there was so much light on her subject that it was almost daylight,
so how would anyone know it was a low light shot - I have to learn
what exemplifies a LL shot, so the viewer knows immediately

> Interesting work with the M8, next experiment, try to put a high
> speed film
> on it... (Sorry, it is only a joke I hope you will appreciate with
> good
> humour sense)

OK - I get it, that will cost you a bottle of wine, Luis......... and
one day, I intend to collect.

Hugh

Message from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] IMG: low light at Harbourfront)