Subject: [Leica] reality according to the soldier's
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Sun Jul 22 08:42:21 2007

Quoth the George :

> I agree. Yet, when will we learn that mass killing and destruction
> does not provide a reasonable solution to mass killing and
> destruction. The numbers of dead and maimed and jailed and tortured
> since the invasion of Iraq now equal or surpass the numbers
> attributed to the regime we toppled. So what's the point? I'm not a
> believer in "the end justifying the means."

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Mass killing and destruction, whether from war, disaster, or any
other means, is always terribly expensive to society.  If, however,
you're well placed and connected into the proper nodes, it can be
tremendously profitable for certain particular segments OF society,
or individuals within.  Unfortunately, it seems that some of those
who are at least notionally charged with stopping or preventing such
events, or mitigating their effects, are among those best positioned
to profit from them... and they almost always come down on the side
of self interest.

but that's probably forum fodder....--

R. Clayton McKee                           http://www.rcmckee.com
Photojournalist                               rcmckee@rcmckee.com
P O Box 571900                           voice/fax   713/783-3502
Houston, TX 77257-1900                   cell phone #  on request

Message from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] reality according to the soldier's)
Message from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] reality according to the soldier's)