Subject: [Leica] Fuji 100 chromes
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Sat Jul 21 16:32:10 2007

Two of my favourites, Harrison (the third is Provia). The Astia is quite
neutral and restrained. Not boosted, if you like. A perfect
portrait film. I would describe it as accurate and with gorgeous skin tone
rendition.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/a/F2/Border_guard.jpg.html>

I shot the tail end of a roll though on rainbows and lush green scenery. I
needed to boost the saturation of the files by about
twenty percent to get to what I had in mind as a Velvia rendition.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/a/c_001/KI+1.jpg.html>

I guess you know that there are a couple of variations of Velvia at 100 ISO.
I've only used the 100F version. I don't like how it
renders skin tones at all.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/a/F2/Velvia_Mina.jpg.html> (desaturated
quite a bit)

Of course, unbeatable for saturated greens, blues and reds. How we would
like the world to look.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/a/Tas/Ta2.jpg.html>
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/a/c_001/KI+7.jpg.html>

 In my M7, I'd estimate that it probably should be exposed at about 80 ISO
(my guess based on ten or so rolls in low-ish light).

Actually now, I have settled on Provia, for virtually everything, still
fabulous on saturated colour and fine, fine grained. But
much better for skin tones than the Velvia 100F IMHO. But for gentle
portraits, the Astia can't be beat.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/a/c_001/KI+35.jpg.html>
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/a/c_001/KI+38.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/a/c_001/KI+41.jpg.html