Subject: [Leica] Query re B&W photography in digital
From: tomschofield at comcast.net (Tom Schofield)
Date: Wed Jul 18 17:04:17 2007

Thanks, Hoppy, I'll look for that book.

I know that much of what filters do for B&W can be duplicated in  PS,
with the advantages that you can print color or B&W, you don't have
light loss through the filters, and you don't have to buy, carry and
fiddle with the filters, but it keeps bothering me whether there are
still advantages to doing it the old fashioned way and using filters
where I intend to make B&W prints.  Henning is saying some filters
can't be duplicated, and it is better to have to do the least amount
of manipulation in post processing.

I haven't explored any of the plug-ins that duplicate contrast
filters, either.

Thanks,

Tom