Subject: [Leica] on the reservation...
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Tue Jul 17 16:39:13 2007

Steve, that is very fine indeed. Composition, tonality, content, everything
works extremely well to my eye. I think the presentation
with the toning and border is commendable as well.
I had a minor problem with the link, however it still went to your gallery.
This week, I received two rather marvellous Ansel Adams books and his "The
Grand Canyon and the South West" contains photographs
made in the 1940's in this area. Pardon me preaching to the choir there. I'm
sure that you are very aware of the heritage. In any
case there is a striking picture of a young Navajo girl in a doorway
identical to that which you have shown us. My imagination
projects this child forward as the serene and dignified lady in your picture.

Regards
Hoppy