Subject: [Leica] Old Barcelona Station
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Jul 17 14:46:59 2007

Luis Ripoll showed:
Subject: RE: [Leica] Old Barcelona Station

> Hi all,

> I have been without my computer but I've never stop to shot and edit,

> and I still have a lot of pictures to post and submit to your

> opinions.

> These ones

> belong to the old central station of Barcelona, called  (in catalan

> language) "Estaci? de Fran?a", (Fran?a is obviously France). Many

> years ago old the European destinations was on this station that when

> the new was constructed remained during years without traffic, now is

> again operating, not many traffic, not many people, but for me remains

> a nice old station with a real charachtere, I've created this album

> and selected 10 pictures, all with my MP and Summilux 35 &75, Plus X.

> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/estacio/
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/estacio/%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c%3c>
<<<<<<<

Hi Luis,

Very nice series in B&W with feeling. Old buildings or structures like this
quite often give a much nicer feeling of their majesty when shot in B&W. I
think unless there?s a very high level of colour that?s almost hurting the
eyes, it?s best to shoot B&W as you did here.

I would imagine using a 12 or 15mm lens in here would create an incredible
perspective of what one feels standing in the station.

I don?t recall this station when I was there shooting the ?92 Summer
Olympics but then we didn?t have much time for looking around the city once
the Games started.

ted

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] Old Barcelona Station)