Subject: [Leica] Summicrons 90 - opinions?
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Sun Jul 15 07:14:42 2007

Didier,

The last version prior to the Asph with built-in hood and knurled
focus ring, not scalloped, is a lighter lens with 5 elements. It
looks very similar to the current Asph. It is the 3rd version.
According to Erwin it is a little soft wide open but sharpens up
considerably by f4 and 5.6 where it is excellent. Since you mention
bokeh I assume you want to use the lens wide open, maybe for
portraits? If so version 3 might be a good choice.

Len