Subject: [Leica] Summicrons 90 - opinions?
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Sun Jul 15 04:26:43 2007

Didier, I have no experience with those Summicron 90's. May I suggest that
you also consider the current Elmarit M 2.8 90 as an
alternative. This is beautifully sharp, contrasty, accurate and very
compact. One stop slower, (I use mine a great deal around f4
anyway). I think that they are superb value (used). I lust after the
Summicron AA too, but this Elmarit is a marvellously compact
and sharp lens for the money. When I eventually acquire the Summicron, (I
plan to steal Luis' lens when he is buying the beers) I
think that I would like to keep this one as a great travel lens.

Works with perfect skin
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/a/F2/Velvia_Mina.jpg.html>

Good for character studies
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/a/c_001/KI+13.jpg.html>
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/a/c_001/KI+12.jpg.html>

It can do soft, if that is what you seek for portraits. Well OK, photoshop
can do soft
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/a/F2/Casual+_portrait_+ver+2.jpg.html>
Eyes, lips, blouse and hair by Elmarit M.

Cheers
Hoppy