Subject: [Leica] IMG: From the Cigar Box- A Dog's Life in 1954
From: jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Sat Jul 14 19:18:28 2007

Luis,

Thanks for looking and for your constructive comments.  I suspect that the
haze is from both the film and the age of the negative.  It was shot on bulk
Kodak movie stock, which we bought in 100-ft rolls. The negatives I am
working with at the moment have been sitting for over 50 years, and, in some
cases, I am seeing strange spots that can probably be attributed to my poor
processing techniques at the time.

The link below is to a Kodachrome image taken with the same camera and lens,
and it is remarkably sharp.  It is also over 50 years old.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Cigar+Box/Donna02sm+53.jpg.html

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA