Subject: [Leica] CAL/repair of beaten up M3 - shutter repair..., viewfinder contrast
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Sat Jul 14 05:07:40 2007

You won't know until Youxin opens them up.

On the jammed-closed one, likely the felt light trap has fallen into the
shutter tape.  It is an easy fix but needs disassembly of the camera,
including removing the rangefinder arm.

As for the one that is open, you won't be able to see the curtain edges
easily.  But they are likely there.

Old M3 RF patches will fade with age.  It is natural.

Vick