Subject: [Leica] Wide Tri Elmar reading codes
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Thu Jul 12 04:24:25 2007

How are you Howard?
I believe that one of the most significant parts of the trielmar
which made it so very expensive to manufacture and accurately adjust
was the mechanical mechanism in the lens to change framelines.
Perhaps as a sensible economy the WATE is just like any other M lens,
except Noctilux I think, and has a simple standard M bayonet. The
change of focal length must being used must be set in the menu every
time you change it if you want the software corner corrections to
happen.
One of the reasons i haven't bought one yet, though I will probably
eventually weaken....
Frank